The Nordic Arts & Health Research Network is a forum for exchange and collaboration of Arts & Health researchers within the Nordic area.
The Arts & Health field is an interdisciplinary field with many stakeholders including arts, cultural, social and health professionals. The focus in the field is on arts engagement for health and wellbeing purposes; aiming to build bridges between sectors and create collaboration using arts and creative activity in various social, educational and health settings.
The key aims of the Nordic Arts & Health Research Network are to:
- Foster interdisciplinary discussion and co-creation of knowledge (experiential, practical, theoretical) within the interdisciplinary Arts & Health field
- Provide a platform for collaboration in the Nordic context
- Support interaction of Arts & Health research, practice and education
- Promote the development of Arts & Health research and research methodologies
- Serve as a platform for planning new Nordic research and RDI projects
- Disseminate information about the Nordic Arts & Health research for wider audience
The network has been launched in 2019 in collaboration of six partners:
- Arts Academy, Turku University of Applied Sciences (administrator & coordinator)
- Centre for Culture & Health (NOCKS), Aalborg University
- Primary Healthcare, Region Skåne
- Royal College of Music in Stockholm
- Volda University College
- National Center for Culture, Health & Care, Nord University
The network is supported by the Nordic Culture Point.